Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

say-wahhhhh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2011
Recently acquired magic mouse and wireless keyboard for an iMac 5,2 which I think is from 2006. The iMac does not have a built in blue tooth module so I got a Bluetooth USB adapter, the D-Link DBT-122. This DBT-122 is the upgraded version of the DBT-120, which is the one that Apple recommends, however the 120 is hard to come by these days.

When I try to set up the mouse or key board, neither is recognized when the computer searches for them. I have tried restarting the computer, done everything on the directions, it's just that the computer cannot find the devices. I have turned on the devices, then began searching for blue tooth devices by clicking the "Set up Bluetooth Mouse" or "Set up Bluetooth Keyboard" and then the computer just keeps searching and searching.

The devices have good batteries and are on when I try to connect them. Right now the Bluetooth icon thing in the menu bar shows that Bluetooth is offline and now I can't even get that to change to online. Before it was online but now it won't change from offline. I have been working for hours at a time trying to fix it, researching the internet and pouring over the directions time and time again, but to no avail. Help is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.