Need help with Mail!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Cricketman, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Cricketman macrumors regular

Hello,

So here is my situation: I have a gmail account that I use for personal use and a .edu that I have through my university. I have my .edu forwarded to my Gmail account as the university mail suite is not convenient to use.

I recently switched from using www.gmail.com to using the Mail application. I have it just importing mail from Gmail, which includes both my personal account and the .edu.

However, through the gmail website I am able to 'send as' or 'reply as' through my .edu account. I am not able to do this through the Mail app on both my Mac and my iPhone. Is there any way I can set this up? I still want my .edu to forward to my Gmail just in case I access my e-mail from a different computer.

Thank you!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You have to add the .edu account to your Mac.

3. Cricketman thread starter macrumors regular

Won't that cause me to get 2x e-mail from the .edu? From Gmail and the .edu itself?

Is there any way to add the edu to my mac but have it not import any e-mail?

4. Cricketman thread starter macrumors regular

Bump - anyone? Can I set it up so I can have it as an account through the mail client but not import any e-mail?

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You will get 2X. You could limit the storage impact somewhat in Mail settings by setting short intervals for email storage/purge.