Need help with Mass Effect

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by floyde, Mar 24, 2008.

1. floyde macrumors 6502a

floyde

So I'm at this mission, trying to find Liara what's-her-name... I landed on Therum and went through a bunch of Geth. At some point there is a cutscene with a lizardlike Geth and then this huge cannon-wielding Geth lands right in front of me. I tried to beat this like 20 times, but I die almost instantly before reaching cover. Should I not be here yet? Should I level up first? What's the deal with this? The game had not been hard until now. It's from the first missions right after you get control of the ship, so I don't think it should be this hard. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? Thanks

2. spoon man macrumors 6502a

spoon man

I would say jump back into the ship and do some side missions get your xp up a bit. Also who do you have with you on the mission i.e. team members? it took me a few attempts but it can be done even if you haven’t got enough xp but I kept getting killed so I changed the members of my team around to a more combat style of team and I got past it well just about lol.

3. floyde thread starter macrumors 6502a

floyde

Thanks, I'll do that. It sucks though because I can't go back to the ship at this point. I guess I'll just have to load a previous save.

4. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Combat scales with level, so leveling up won't help you too much. Have you been swapping out your weapons for better ones and applying weapon/ammo upgrades? Using grenades? Employing your abilities and those of your squad? These will make more difference than leveling, really.

5. floyde thread starter macrumors 6502a

floyde

Yeah I think it's an armor problem maybe. I've been doing upgrades, but like I said, most of the time I'll be dying instantly after the cutscene. I don't get enough time for grenades :eek:. Perhaps if I use a more combat-oriented party I could do better, but I'd still have to load a previous save and do everything all over again.

6. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

the secret to this level is to hide behind the crate and let your team deal with the extra geth and you focus in on the giant one, position yourself so you can see it and wait for him to power up and shoot then you come out from hiding and hit him as you see him powering back up duck behind the crate.