Need Help with MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by expxlt1, Jul 2, 2013.

1. expxlt1 macrumors newbie

Sorry if this has been posted on here before or im in the wrong area. I have a MacBook Pro A1211 I got off Craigslist. It needed a new logic board and hard drive so I got both. My problem is I just found out the hard drive has windows on it and when I power on the MBP all I get is a white screen. My question is is there a way to get windows off that hard drive while its installed in the MBP? I've tried every command I could find online to push when I power on the MacBook but it does nothing. I bought a copy of snow leopard 10.6 factory sealed and put it in the super drive but it just spins for a while and then stops. The fans constantly run also but I'm new to MacBook so I don't know if that's suppose to happen. I got the disk management to come up once by holding down option and power on but it didn't give me the option of choosing the SuperDrive and I can't get it back up. It's almost like the keyboard isn't working. If there's any suggestions y'all can give me I'd appreciate it.

2. B... macrumors 68000

B...

3. expxlt1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. All it needed was a hard drive and logic board.

4. B... macrumors 68000

B...

No, there is more wrong with it. Maybe a bad screen, broken fans and optical drive, unresponsive keyboard and perhaps even a bad new logic board.

5. expxlt1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks for the help. I think I'll just backup and put. Because I was able to pull up windows on it once but I turned it off an when I turned it back on that's when the keyboard and all stopped working. Thanks again for the help.

6. niteflyr macrumors 6502a

7. expxlt1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok i will try all suggestions. My charger went out so i cant try them now because me battery went dead. Thanks for the help.

8. tillsbury macrumors 65816

Wait, you bought a new hard drive and it has Windows on it? How did that happen?

9. expxlt1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry it was a factory refurbished hard drive. When i put it in the macbook and turned it on it came up with a picture of a hard drive and said windows under it and when i clicked on it it asked me if i wanted to start up in safe mode or boot normally so i just shut it down.

10. tillsbury macrumors 65816

Where can you buy a "factory refurbished" hard drive that still has a Windows partition on it? You have been had, I suggest...