Need help with menu symbols according to the OS X Human Interface guidelines

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by sandeep.koodal, Feb 12, 2014.

1. sandeep.koodal, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014

sandeep.koodal macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    It's my very first post.
    Please have a look at the attached image and please show me an example for the 2nd item.
    I understand other three items in the table, but not the 2nd one.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sandeep.

Attached Files:

2. simsaladimbamba

3. sandeep.koodal thread starter macrumors newbie

You can find the table by searching of "menu" in the developer guidelines.
    https://developer.apple.com/library...Menus.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP30000356-TP6

----------

I played with mail and got the other symbols in the window menu.

1. Open a new mail window and minimize it to the dock, then the window menu will display a diamond sign with the minimized window name.
    2. Open one more new window and type something in it, then switch to other window by window menu. Now the window menu will display a "dot" with the window name which have an unsaved changes.
    But I can't get the "hyphen" !

4. simsaladimbamba

Uih, never seen that before, though I simply might have not paid attention, to that Mail stuff.

As for your question, edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

Example: Need help with menu symbols according to the OS X Human Interface guidelines.

You might also get better help in the Mac Programming sub-forum. Instead of creating a new thread there, which is frowned upon, ask the mods via the [​IMG] button to move your thread there, if that is what you want, you do not have to.