Need help with migration assist from 10.6.8 to 10.7.x

Discussion in 'macOS' started by koban4max, Sep 17, 2012.

1. koban4max macrumors 68000

I need help on Migration Assistant. I need to transfer files to my MBP '11 os x lion. I updated both of my computers to the lastest whatever version they are for both os x. I am wondering what's the lastest version of MA for snow leopard to transfer the files to os x lion? I tried to transfer, but the target mac can't receive any information from source mac... help.

2. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

What computer are you transferring from? make sure you follow the instructions correctly, plugging the firewire cable in correctly n all that, as the computers don't recognise each other else.

What kind of errors are occurring?

Need some more specifics :)

3. koban4max thread starter macrumors 68000

:D thx for reply. I am transferring from MBP '11 to MacPro 09 10.6.8 wirelessly.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

You won't be able to transfer in that direction...but I think you're stating it backwards here.

I'm pretty sure the latest for SL is Migration Assistant Update for Mac OS X Snow Leopard v1.0.

You'll have a much better experience if you can connect those two directly to your router via ethernet.

5. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

I wasn't even aware that migration assistant worked over wireless, I have only previously gotten it to work (albeit thats only once) via ethernet.

I agree with BrianBaughn, if apparently migration assistant does work via wireless, then cool, but it will take about 7 years to transfer all the stuff across. Ethernet is a much more viable option, heck, use firewire 400, although both your machines should have 800 so that will be faster than wireless as well...

Good luck