Need Help with Missing web icons.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lovelorn, Mar 8, 2011.

1. lovelorn, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011

lovelorn macrumors newbie

I am using a PowerBook G4 12" Model PowerBook6,1 running Mac OS X Version 10.4.11. I am a PC user, though I have used mac in the past on a few occasions. I borrowed this computer from my sister and last night was the first time I have used this. Last night I did not shut it off, but rather just let it go to sleep by closing the lid but when I opened it this morning my web icons were missing on most sites. Even on this one I cannot see anything but a bunch of blue squares with ? in the center. I tried clearing the catch to see if that might help but that did absolutely nothing. I also tried restarting but again nothing. If anyone knows what to do I'd really appreciate the help. Not having much luck figuring this out. Also the icons were all there last night and it was working fine then. So I have no idea what has happened.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

When you say web icons, do you mean the little customized icons next to the addresses in the address bar and bookmarks section? See attached screen capture. Have you tried a cold boot of the computer instead of a warm boot (restart)?

Attached Files: