Need help with monitor!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by bbj25, Oct 14, 2010.

1. bbj25 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone I'm new to the whole coloring scene and I came here for some great advice from you grat users!:D:apple:

Now that I'm done kissing up (just joking), I was wondering how can i calibrate this (http://www.buy.com/prod/toshiba-40g300u-40-widescreen-1080p-lcd-hdtv-120hz/q/loc/111/214413072.html) monitor? is apple's calibrator assistant any good? i own this tv and i looked around and can't find anything except options like the MXO2 but Im looking for a cheaper method. Another noob question, when calibrating what am I looking for on the TV? (hope i asked that right, if not let me know) My graphics card is the GTX 285 and the drivers on the windows side (have hackintosh running amazingly well( better than windows actually)) have color settings. are they any good?

Thank you in advance.:D:apple:

2. bbj25 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks martinX for the reply. I'm looking for something similar to that but Kane is suggesting to use color filters such as color gels. I'm looking for calibration that my TV can do manually with its settings cause there are a lot of setting on this TV that maybe can be used to calibrate. What settings are required in order to do a calibration process?

3. boch82 macrumors 6502

I dont know what experience you have with calibration but i always find it best to use a "blue only" setting if the monitor has it and then calibrate by eye using smpte color bars.

The matrox mx02 control panel does have a setting to output blue only from your computer.