Need help with .mov transfer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by beachmusic, Jan 29, 2014.

1. beachmusic macrumors regular

beachmusic

I'm trying to transfer a .mov file I took with my ipad 4 to my 2010 imac. I tried the image capture app and although it does see it all I get is a import error -9905 when I try and import the video file. Running mavericks btw.

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Have you tried importing it in with iMovie or iPhoto? Either one may do it for you. How big is the video and do you have enough space on your HDD to import it? I use Image Capture, iMovie or iPhoto depending on what I am planning on doing with the movie afterwards.

Have you also tried just dragging and dropping the file from Image Capture?

3. beachmusic thread starter macrumors regular

beachmusic

thanks firedept ... the drag and drop just gave me the same import error -9905. iPhoto and Aperture gave me a error also. iMovie started to import and then stopped with a error. It's about a 4 min video 490.9 MB 1080x1920 2.1 MP

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Not a big file by any stretch of the imagination.

The only thing I can think of is that something is wrong with the movie file. Did a little searching around. One person had luck moving it directly to an external drive with drag & drop, then bringing it back onto their computer. One person had to shut down their iPad and restart it to make it work. Some others had no luck and put it down to a bad .mov file.

Wish I could have been of further help. Maybe try a couple of the last suggestions I searched.

5. beachmusic thread starter macrumors regular

beachmusic

I took your suggestion and used DSFile and sent it to my Synology NAS. Then d/led it to my iMac. Worked. Thanks.

6. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Glad to be of assistance. Good for for my future knowledge as well. So we both having a good day.