Need help with Mp3 ripping and tag editing!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BJD21, Oct 20, 2009.

1. BJD21 macrumors newbie

For a community service project I volunteered to help out someone with their audio book. The audiobook is about getting your life in balance by looking through the lenses of the ancient Navajo Coyoteway ceremony. All the sales are going to charity and I need to help put it in the proper format on a website. Here are the instructions I've been given: "Rip the cd’s into a relatively high compression mp3 format and tag each file. There are between twenty and thirty files on each cd and the idea is that tagging them for an mp3 player will be very helpful for reading the book and listening to the mp3’s together. Each file needs to be tagged in a way that references a specific chapter in the book. The idea of the relatively high compression will enable the smallest possible zip file (containing all three cd’s) to be downloaded."

I think I understand most of that but I don't really know where to start. They specifically told me to not use iTunes, I don't know why but that is what they told me. There are three CD's, each with about 30 tracks and I need to put each track in mp3 format and tag each file according to the page number of the book.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? What programs I need to use on my mac? Thanks!

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Why not use iTunes? It can import any most any popular format of Audio. :rolleyes:

3. BJD21 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure, but he just would rather me not use iTunes. Any other programs I could use? Also, how do I put these files in a zip file after they're in mp3 format and tagged?