Need help with my Airport Express while online

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Dre3000, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Dre3000 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone I am need here and need a little help with my airport. Ok everything works fine when on line but when a incoming call comes in I automatically get disconnected from being online. My internet provider is comcast. Everytime I call comcast they say its the router its not the internet and something my be wrong with the router. Recently I just noticed that apple has a update on the airport express and I will try to download it when I get home today hoping that it will stop my issues with the incoming call or with a outgoing call while on the internet. Not only does it happen if I am on the internet from a home cpu but if I am playing my PS3 online during a game it will disconnect me from playing due to a incoming call or out going call. Can anyone help me out thanks? :confused:

2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

If you have a 2.4 Ghz portable phone, then that's the problem. They use the same frequency that the Airport Express does.

I got a 5.6 Ghz and everything is ok.

3. Dre3000 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Yep

It's a funny problem, but easily fixable. I've had this happen a few times and no matter what, it was always the last thing I thought of.

5. Dre3000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is anyone having this problem with there ps3 nba 2k8 video game or any video game were every time you send a challenge to host a game on your home court the player on the other end hits accepts and says starting game and then refer to the FAQ pops up. I have to wait until someone challenge me in order to play a game online but I am always the away team. Can someone let me know why this is happening and what can I do to fix this problem? Is this issue dealing with the airport or with the PS3?

6. letsdiscussit macrumors newbie

letsdiscussit

Funny. I made the same expirience, my airport express stops working when I pick up the phone.