Need help with my Keyboad

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by antmarobel, Feb 21, 2015.

1. antmarobel macrumors 6502

antmarobel

Guys I was cleaning my keyboard yearly today with the Mac on resting. After that I found out that the keyboard has turned crazy! Look how the original text looks

Guys I was clean;in;g mçy keyb-oar yearly today with the MÇac restin;g]. After that I foun;d out that the keyb-oard has turn;ed crazy!

Can someone help me please?:eek:

2. matreya macrumors 65816

matreya

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Looks like some of your bottom row keys are "doubling/repeating" with a few of the punctuation keys. For example the ç is produced with Alt-c, so the Alt key may be sticking, or just slow to release.

You may be able to tell something more by showing your keyboard viewer.
    In Yosemite, that will be System Preferences/Keyboard, Click the box "Show Keyboard & Character viewers in menu bar".
    Click on the new icon in your menu bar, then choose Show Keyboard viewer.
    Type a few of the problem keys (n, m, b, Option/alt).

Pressing one key should trigger just that one key. Release the key, and the viewer should show that key turn off. It will quickly show "slow" keys, and sticking keys. Tap a stuck key a few times, which may help.
    If you see a problem key or more, and a little "exercise" doesn't help, then you have likely too much moisture in the keyboard. You can try removing keycaps, and allowing it to dry more - but moisture (too much) can be the death of the keyboard.

4. antmarobel thread starter macrumors 6502

antmarobel

Matreya unfortunately I used a spray to clean the plastic parts]. No doubt the problem is cause by moisture indeed]. :(