Need Help with my Macbook! Please! :)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ktbubster, Jan 16, 2008.

1. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

Ok... so I know I know, I voided warranty blah blah blah (it is already out of the 1 year warranty anyway) not the point.

I recently took my macbook apart, pretty much completely. I took the LCD out and refinished the top and bottom case after taking pretty much everything out except for the logic board and ram and the random pieces hooked to the casing.

Before I did this, It worked AOK.

I recently put it back together. When I did so... dun dun dun the machine turned on however, the screen just flickered with a white flicker once or twice when it first turns on and then goes black again and then never turns on. I assume I might have connected something wrong... or something. The machine turns on and works, but the lcd shows no image (it works plugged into an external)

I was very careful with all the parts. I was just wondering what the problem could be and what I should look for as I will have to take most of it apart again to get to the LCD wires and such in the hinge.

I checked the connections to the logic board and those were fine, but perhaps something in the inverter board? What wire does this seem like is misconnected or something to you?

What does this sound like to everyone? I tried it at different angles too, so i probably isn't a pinched wire.... but maybe.

Help! Any suggestions are welcome. I want my poor laptop to work again!

:) thanks.

Edit: it's a C2D White Macbook ... last years model.

2. stomer macrumors 6502a

Can you see a faint picture when you allow it to boot? If you can see a faint picture, then I think you may have either screwed the inverter board (the small device that supplies power to the backlight).

3. ktbubster thread starter macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

Screwed the inverter board or..... ? you sorta never finished that lol.

Either way, I see no faint picture. Just a flicker and then back to black. There is no reason the screen wouldn't be working, so it must be one of the connections. Any ideas anyone else?