Need help with my MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bill36, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Bill36 macrumors newbie

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, if so please any Mods or Admin move it to the correct spot, but I need help with trying to burn some movies I have on my Mac onto DVD.

I have seen on the internet that most DVD players will not play .AVI files so I need to find a program (I was told iMovie could do it) that will help me convert my .AVI files into what ever necessary format it should be converted to so I can burn it to a DVD and watch them on my DVD player for my TV.

Sorry if none of this made sense or if it was in wrong section. If I need to explain anymore I will gladly. If anyone can help please please help!

Thanks in advance everyone.

2. markus843 macrumors regular

First off you need to import your video that you need to convert into iMovie by File>Import>Movies, locate your video, select it and add it into the timeframe. Now go to Share > export using quicktime > and there should be a window and a box with lots of options to render different types of formats. Hope this helped

3. Bill36 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the fast response. I will try this tomorrow and reply back if it works!

If anyone else has any input please feel free to leave comments.

Thank you

4. markus843 macrumors regular