Need help with Numbers (export to Excel)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Glassed Silver, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Glassed Silver macrumors 68020

Glassed Silver

Hey guys,

so I have to export to Excel, fine, but I have one problem:
    To be able to work both in the field as well as at home I used Numbers, because I knew I didn't need super sophisticated features and like the easy synchronization of my progress via iCloud.

The problem is, apparently a filled cell, or many, is a big problem for Excel export.
    I'd just fill the cells again by hand in Excel, however, it'd take me a long time (dozens upon dozens images in those cells)

I found some old Apple Script through Google, but I'm not confident in trying it because Numbers has been completely rewritten and AppleScript is just coming back, so I don't know if the script's still good to go.

In any case, I'd love if someone was able to tell me whatever option I may have missed.

For reference, here's the link to the Apple Script on Apple's Forums:
    https://discussions.apple.com/message/16952760#16952760

Glassed Silver:mac

2. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Suggestion:

If you can't resolve the problem between Excel and Numbers, you might try using LibreOffice at home instead...

3. Glassed Silver thread starter macrumors 68020

Glassed Silver

Well, in future I cerainly will try to avoid such a situation, however, now the file is in the Numbers format and I'd like to transition it to Excel, so unless LibreOffice can open the Numbers file somehow and work as the converter, it's of little use to me in this case.

This is, at least for now, only a one-off problem, but thanks for your input anyhow! :)

Glassed Silver:ios