Need help with Photo Spots in San Diego

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by fcortese, Jan 24, 2012.

1. fcortese, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012

fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

In two weeks my wife and I are taking a extra long weekend trip to San Diego to escape the winter blues. We'll stay in SD but we'll venture up the coast as well. Any suggestions for spots to capture some photos? I'm bringing my telephoto to the SD Zoo if we go there, but any suggestions on prime photo spots would be greatly appreciated.

2. Wyro macrumors member

La Jolla is a beautiful place to take photos. Point Loma lighthouse, Torrey Pines State Reserve and Glider-port (above Blacks Beach). I'm biased because I love the beach. ha Where are you staying?

3. Ish macrumors 68010

Ish

We went to a conference in San Diego a few years ago then took about 5 days afterwards to explore. In San Diego itself I really liked this place:

[​IMG]

You'll have a fantastic time. We went in March and in San Diego it was already about 25 degrees C. Wish I was coming with you!

4. fcortese thread starter macrumors demi-god

fcortese

We're staying in Old Town and will go exploring from there on no real set plans; just wake up and decide what we want to do. Thanks for the info, I was looking at La Jolla as one of he destinations. I'll definitely look into these recommendations. Thanks!:)

Yes, we've been the San Diego several times and the weather is always nice. We're counting downy he days!!