Need help with picking an iphone case for my husband's iphone4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lindsayanng, Dec 14, 2011.

1. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

So we both have iphone 4s and have actually owned iphones since the very first model. Typically we've always just purchased the cheap cases at wal mart.

For Xmas I want to get him a new case, but it seems I am REALLY out of touch with the newer cases!

Right now he has a bumper one as his case (the free one they gave out) which he said he likes because its low profile. He doesn't like bulk.

He is a photographer with a large vintage camera collection, so I want to get him one with a vintage camera print on it. It seems a lot of the ones on Etsy with the nice camera prints are "gel skins". I have never seen a gel skin before so I have no idea what it really means.

Is it like a soft rubbery coating that sticks to the back of the phone?? Does it protect the sides of the iphone 4? Does it eventually peel up?

I am not stuck on those, I am really honstly open to anything that I can get with that kind of design.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions/help

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

3. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

I could definitely make my own for him (since I am a graphic designer)... But i'm mostly concerned about the quality of the case. Protection versus feel / profile

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

How about a Mophie Juice Pack. It'll extend battery life by an additional 80% for him to take more photos.

[​IMG]

5. LoloBond macrumors 6502

Unless he's a heavy user Mophie is not a good idea. This thing is huge, I got an air plus for $54 and even at that price I end up returning it.

6. stcizzle macrumors regular

7. cdcrowell macrumors 6502

cdcrowell

8. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

STcizzle - that is essentially EXACTLY what I wanted to do, and there are companies out there that are essentially doing that with gel skins as well as pre-printed cases, but that is the exact kind of design I was looking for, but aside from the design, I want one that feels good as well.

9. Couture Wraps macrumors newbie

Couture Wraps

was never a case kind of person for the iPhone 4. They designed it to nicely to cover it up. BUT there are different cases and some have serve a function depending on his everyday lifestyle.

10. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

How about a graft leverage bumper and then a back sticker that looks like a camera?

11. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

Rockroad55 - I actually JUST had that thought. He has his really nice bumper that he loves, and adding a sticker to the back would actually be perfect!!!

Does anyone have suggestions for good quality decals?