Need help with playing MFSX on my Mac

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by rangerdanger, Sep 19, 2008.

1. rangerdanger macrumors member

Well, when I left the PC world behind for the heavens of the Mac, I also gave up playing Microsoft Flight Simulator X. This had to be my single largest regret in going to the Mac side, not being able to play FSX. So, what's the best way to adapt my Mac to play FSX. Just buy Windows XP, install using boot camp, and then just install FSX from there??? I really want to start playing it again, especially now that I have a faster computer and a much larger screen. Thanks again guys!!

2. belvdr macrumors 603

You might want to try X-Plane:

http://www.x-plane.com/

Very good program, and you can still keep Windows away.

3. dimme macrumors 65816

I have both X plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator X and they are both good. I use X plane more because I do not have to deal with windows. To answer your question Yes all you need is Windows XP, install using boot camp, and then just install FSX. Thats what I did, some say it runs much better under Vista, but I use XP because I have a licince for it and I did not want to spend the $$$ on Vista.
    BTW There is a free trial of X plane.

4. dimme macrumors 65816

I just tried FSX with Vista on my setup and yes the performance is better but I can stand the Vista feel I am running back to XP.

Well I gave it some thought and the performance gain is worth learning Vista. I must be a victim of all the negative press. I fly a while is FSX then went to X-plane and I have a whole new outlook on FSX.

5. nsilverman15 macrumors newbie

Idk

It will not work with my mac mini on boot camp i would not try it the graphics card doesn't work, the bad thing is that the demo works!!!!! It Sucks