Need Help with remote app for ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jumbalaya3, Sep 28, 2008.

1. jumbalaya3 macrumors newbie

I have tried to connect itunes with my remote app and it will not work. I have tried everything that the support forums on apple tell me to and it won't work and I don't even know where to type the passcode in can someone help me.

2. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (iPod Touch: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F137 Safari/525.20)

Are you sure that they are on the same network?

3. jumbalaya3 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Reboot your computer and the iPod touch. Make sure they're on the same network. then open up itunes on the computer and remote app on the iPod. Then press the add library option on the remote app. You should see a passcode on the iPod and an icon underneath your ipod under iTunes. Screenshot below.

Attached Files:

5. jumbalaya3 thread starter macrumors newbie

alright well I tried that and it still didn't work but just to make sure what should it look like if my pc running windows vista is on the same network as my ipod touch and how exactly do I get there.

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

It should look like the same thing. Well last thing to try is delete the app and reinstall the app. Launch itnes. Then get both devices on the same network and launch remote on the ipod. you should see the same thing...

7. jumbalaya3 thread starter macrumors newbie