Need help with Safari...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mistyd, Jan 17, 2011.

1. mistyd macrumors newbie

hi
    Ive had my mac a year and Ive used safari almost exclusively in that time with no real issues. I recently noticed though that if I right click on an image I no longer have the option of copying the image url. This is a fairly big thing for me. Does anyone have suggestions as to what may be going on and how I can rectify it. I don't have the issue using ff or chrome I just feel Kinda strange using either on a mac. though if the issue persists I may force myself to get around that mental block. :)
    Thanks for any advice

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

for me when right clicking on an image i get Copy Link (copies the destination link) near the top and Copy Image Address & Copy Image near the bottom. you dont have these?

some webpages dont let you copy an image's address (something to do with the HTML they used for the image). you can enable the Developer tools in the preferences and use Inspect Element to see the image address.

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The contextual pop-up menu in MacOS X 10.6.6/Safari 5.0.3 is exactly the same as it was in MacOS X 10.4.11/Safari 4.1.3. Second from the bottom, is contextual menu item Copy Image Address. Suffice it to say, it works.

4. mistyd thread starter macrumors newbie

I have copy image but not copy image address. And I had copy image address until recently and copied images all the time from the sites I use with no problem that's why this is odd to me

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

try moving Safari's plist from the user preferences folder to your desktop and then relaunching. (move to the desktop to backup your preferences)

6. mistyd, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011

mistyd thread starter macrumors newbie

thx that worked for now!! Any idea what happened and if it happens again do I just do the same thing? Does it cause any issues?

7. Gregg2 macrumors 603

No, yes, and no.
    A new plist is created when you open Safari again. Trash the old one.