Need help with saving PDF files and Preview?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Doc750, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

I scanned in class notes into a pdf file. I then arranged the PDFs in the order I wanted using Preview. Now I can't seem to save the whole thing as one big file, so I can view it on my ipad.

When I click File, the option it gives me is "save as" and will only save that one pdf slide to my desktop.

I need help, I just spent 5 hours doing all this, with well over 600 pages.

thanks in advance

2. Doc750 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok I tried clicking on one pdf and adding it to the one above it. It combines those two slides, but it will only let me combine anymore then 2 pdf slides.

3. BigBeast macrumors 6502a

I've used AnyBiz's software for PDF to Word and PDF to Power Point. Both programs have worked well and you can download them for free. I use the free versions which have some setting omitted like batch conversion but for what I need, it's no problem. Since you have a larger file, you may want to pay for the software. Either way, it's free to try. They have a PDF editor and PDF to iPad. Try it out. Lemme know if it works.

anypdftools.com

4. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

While you have them open in Preview, select all (Cmd + A), and go to the File->Print Selected... or something like that. Click the PDF button in the lower left hand corner of the print dialog.

5. BigBeast macrumors 6502a

lol. Not sure why I didn't think of this since I "print" using the PDF option all the time :rolleyes: Oh well. This should work.

6. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

7. Doc750 thread starter macrumors 6502a

so I gave up last night, and figured I'd try again this morning. I wake up the mac, and preview is not responding and quits unexpectedly. :(

wasted my entire fri afternoon and night.