Need help with severe crash problem on JB iPhone 4s with 5.01

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by philip in al, Jan 28, 2012.

1. philip in al macrumors regular

I've obviously loaded some app that is causing some really strange problems with my email only connecting and downloading right after a crash and while in safe mode.

The phone crashes every time I turn it on and off, I respring and then it runs fine (accept the email just hangs forever).

I've reset network settings multiple times; deleted and setup my email again and again.

How do I find out what is causing this? I've installed crash reporter (but don't know how to decipher all the data. I've installed various programs and then reinstalled them when the crash still persist.

How do I know which apps use mobile substrate and how do I disable them?

Thanks

2. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

uninstall the apps one at a time until you find the culprit.

3. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Easy fix , remove the last app/tweak you installed before things started to brake if you havent done nothing recently and problems occured all if the sudden do what the post above suggested , either way if i where you il just backup what is necesary and restore.

4. philip in al thread starter macrumors regular

I can't recall the last app that was installed. If I remember, the phone ran fine until I flew cross country. The minute I turned it on upon landing is when the crashes began. I can restore, but that will have to wait three days until I return home to my computer.

Anyone know how to read crash and system logs? I can see where thread two is causing the crash, but don't understand what that means. In the image below, you can see where it actually throws the phone into safe mode.

[​IMG]