Need help with size settings when converting dvds to mp4s using Handbrake for itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mezz, May 4, 2011.

1. mezz, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 4, 2011

mezz macrumors newbie

Ok so ive been using the program handbrake to convert my "bought" dvds to mp4s so i can have them on my ipod touch 3gen. I thought the size settings should be 480X w/e keeps the aspect ratio. But after syncing the movies onto my ipod touch for some strange reason it doesnt take up the whole screen, and then when I stretch it on my ipod touch to fill the screen I lose like half of the video. The quality is great it just doesn't take up the whole screen, and I could of sworn an ipod touch or iphones screen was 480 x XXX. Can someone who is familiar with the program Handbrake please tell what i need to change my settings to. THank you so much! :)

2. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

So...the resolution of ipod touch is 640*480, you just set the output resolution is 640*480 in Handbrake.

3. mezz thread starter macrumors newbie

4. mezz thread starter macrumors newbie

ok so I changed the resolution to 640 and it still doesnt fill my ipod touches screen up and so when i go to stretch it so it does fill the screen I lose alot of the picture. example: if theirs a scene where they are doing a close up on someones head ill only see like his eyeballs when i stretch the screen. Is this possible to get the settings right so where it fills my whole ipod touches screen? I guess its not that big of a deal quality is still great its just on a small screen already so for it not to even fill it its really really small :(