Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TXbug

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
Austin, Texas
i just started using Mail 4.2 on OS X 10.6.3. Every so often, I forward email that I receive at work on my Lotus Notes email account. Especially, my payroll information. I created a Smart Mailbox with the rule that looks for consistent string in the subject line. The original email is in the Inbox, but it does not appear in the Smart Mailbox I created.

I must be doing something wrong. I've googled, I've looked in Apple Support, I searched here. I don't see the answer to my question.

Any help is appreciated.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Three common issues with Smart Mailboxes to check:
  1. Are the criteria set correctly? For example, if you're looking for a word in the subject line, choose Subject contains.
  2. Are the exclusions set correctly? Smart Mailboxes include everything by default, but it's possible to exclude certain mailboxes from the results.
  3. Is the Smart Mailbox set to auto-update?

TXbug

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
Austin, Texas
I got it to work. The problem was that the text string that I was using was either too long, or did not like a "-" in it. Don't know which. I shortened the string to before the "-" and it worked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.