Need help with soft wear please

Discussion in 'iPad' started by paulos1990, Feb 12, 2011.

1. paulos1990 macrumors newbie

I really need some soft wear, I need to rip DVD to play on my iPad.

The only thing iv tried is handbrake but I really can't get on with it at all :(.

I would like this soft ware to be free if possible :)

(just to say I will be running it on windows for now until I save enuff for my iMac :D:apple::D)

2. kemperman macrumors regular

kemperman

Magic DVD ripper is what I used before I got the hang of HB. It's about £18 but well worth it. Honestly though, if you persevere with HB you will reap the rewards it's very easy once you get the hang of it!:)

3. paulos1990 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank u so much I would love to use hb but the only thing I can't get with it is when I'm trying to rip top gear the polor one it dose a 18 min chapter and then it just stops and thats y I'm :( with it.

I'm gonna read up on magic ripper so thank u so much :apple:

4. jb007clone macrumors 6502

jb007clone

5. ayale99 macrumors 6502

Lol. I prefer satin and cotton mix.

6. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

OP: Handbrake is easy enough to use even if you don't understand all the various advanced settings (I'm not convinced anyone does). Be sure to have installed VLC and Handbrake to rip/transcode DVDs. Then use the preset that is the lowest common denominator among the various devices you might want to use for playback. For example, if you have an iPod Touch, Apple TV, and computer then choose the "iPod Touch/iPhone" preset. However, it is important to consider that the iPod will look small/lossy on the Apple TV and computer. If you don't care to watch videos on your iPod, then choose Apple TV or "High Profile". Definitely set aside some time because the conversion will take a while (2+ hours depending on your preset choice and computer).

7. paulos1990 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks that clears up a lot in my head and I will give it a go. Thank you very much :).

8. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

Download VLC player and the latest version of Handbrake. Both are free. Open Handbrake, insert disc, and select the iPad preset. Easy as pie. You don't need to run VLC player, Handbrake uses it to decrypt the DVD, with no intervention on your part.

9. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Handbrake I use it all the time. Put mist of my DVD's on my ipad