Need help with start up problem ASAP!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Brilopad1, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Brilopad1 macrumors newbie

Brilopad1

I'm having a really weird start up problem with my iMac G5 that i need to get fixed ASAP because i just put it up on ebay. When the screen turns grey during start up, a small white box with a picture of the earth on it appears and flashes for about 15 seconds. It then switches to a folder with a picture of the two-face apple thing and a question mark flashing back and forth. It does that for 15 seconds then continues the normal start up. I don't want to take it off of ebay b/c i want to get it sold before the new imac comes out. Here is a link to a video of what my computer is doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1WMbQhxBmE

For some reason my camera wouldn't focus. I have an external hard drive with a backup of my entire computer, but i lost my install disk. Any suggestions?

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Login. Open System Preferences. Go to Startup Disk. Choose your boot device. Restart. Fixed?

3. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

Make sure your not booting from a network, that probably isn't there. :rolleyes:

edit, yeah, your trying to boot from a nonexistant network. I just replicated this problem, and that is the answer. See yellows post for the fix.

4. Brilopad1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Brilopad1

Yep, that did it. It just randomly started doing that. Thanks a bunch!

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Probably you help down N at some point during a startup procedure (or your n key sticks) and it was looking to NetBoot.