Need help with Stuttering Video after Export

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Dukey, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Dukey macrumors member

Hi there,

So I edited a video using Premiere pro cs5 and exported it as an mp4, h.264, 1920x1080 and 29.97 fps (same as most of the footage shot using canon 5d mkII). The video when played with quick time comes out very very stuttery. I then used VLC to play it and it it looks fine. I converted the file to a .mov and its not as bad when played in quick time as the first time (before conversion) but its still a little stuttery. I have no clue what's going and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a solution. Thanks.

2. noshjewman macrumors member

What system are you using to playback? It sounds like it COULD be to do with the speed of your system, as VLC (which is essentially video magic) suggests that the file itself is ok.

3. Dukey thread starter macrumors member

The play back system I use is Quicktime player. I converted the original, mp4 to prores 422 with compressor, added a final tweak to it and exported it again as h.264 - .mov and everything seems to work fine now, both on VLC and quicktime, really strange but hey, its all good now though, thanks!

4. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

VLC is softer in the memory than Quicktime. By experience, Qt got stuttery if you dont have a good processor, plenty of ram or both. And some video cards like playing the stutter thing sometimes....

5. Dukey thread starter macrumors member

Hmmm, I'm running a Late 2009 Mac Book Pro
    2.8 Duo Core
    8gb RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

Also tried it on a 2010 IMac and both computers seem to have the same problem...

I gotta say I never I had this problem before n I hope I never have to deal with it again. At least I (along with anyone else that has this issue) knows what to do for a back up if it does happen again.