Need help with syncing apps

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jusfer, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Jusfer macrumors member

In preparation for upgrade to iOS5, I need to back up and sync. I see that my iTunes doesn't show all my apps on the phone, and when I want to sync the apps, I am getting a message that gives me the impression that the phone will be synced to the PC, not the other way round.

I want to keep my apps on the phone and want to keep them organized in folders as they are now. What do I need to do to sync it right?

As a side question: how do I transfer purchased items (apps) to the iTunes library? I am told I need to do that before upgrading.

Thank you!

2. Jusfer thread starter macrumors member

transferring to library

I forgot to say that I know the "Transfer purchases from my iPhone" menu item under Files in iTunes.
    When I click it, nothing happens except the capacity bar collapses the green apps bar and then reestablishes it in its old version. That's all that happens. Nothing gets transferred.

3. jgaz macrumors member

jgaz

could try "right" clicking on the name of you phone, under devices in the grey/blue left hand menu. Should have option to transfer purchases there.