need help with tablet on mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thechidz, Feb 19, 2008.

1. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

Hi,

I bought a bamboo tablet for doing things like drawing straight onto word docs and preview docs. So far my experience has been unmac like. I was hoping to be able to draw straight onto a word or preview document but havent been able to figure out how to do that. I also closed the ink window and cant seem to find that anywhere now.

Any pointers, tips?

thanks

2. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

I'm no expert so I hope someone else pipes up with this one.

Ink is in System Preferences and is installed automatically when it's needed, so when you connect a tablet.

There are some preference settings you can select but I'm not 100% sure what they all do. I just got a tablet too but I haven't had time to play with it too much as yet.

So look in System Preferences for the Ink app.

Cheers.

3. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Ok firstly I am only a novice at this aswell after mainly having a tablet because my sister was wasting too much A4 paper doing little pics!

I was hoping for a feature like this aswell but sadly doesn't look like Office supports this!

My way round it was I set one of the FN keys on my tablet to initiate ink! It would bring up a window and I would click on the picture and would be able to draw and then "send" the picture to my word document!

Sadly this is very undeveloped and not user friendly, once a stroke has been recorded you are unable to undo (which frankly seems stupid to me, noone is a perfect drawer!) and the whole copy and paste bit seems fairly un apple like!

I would suggest getting a program like pixelmator/acorn/artrage draw your picture in that (with rubber,paint,pencil,undo tools i.e. ones you need!) then either export it as a JPEG or Command+Shift+4 picture it!

Hope I havent baffled on to much but I hope this is something either wacom or apple sorts out!

4. thechidz thread starter macrumors 68000

thechidz

Bummer, out the website mentions that you can mark up documents? There must be something we are missing?

5. thechidz thread starter macrumors 68000

thechidz

well, I feel pretty ripped off at this point with the bamboo. They make it seem like you will be able to write on digital files, but so far all I've been able to use it with is inkwell, which blows...