Need help with the Airport Extreme Base Station set up

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by freeme007, Oct 7, 2009.

1. freeme007 macrumors regular

Hi

I just bought a new Airport Extreme Base Station from Apple and I followed the set up guide. I set up a private wireless network and a guess wireless network. Now, the problem is that my ipod touch 2g and my other pc can not access the private network even if I enter the correct password for the private network. Any suggestions?

2. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

Perhaps a guest network would work in place of the guess network.
    Take particular care in entering passwords as substitutions rarely work.
    In fact, they CANNOT work.

3. freeme007 thread starter macrumors regular

I connect the DSL Modem to Airport Extreme using Eternet Cable and created a new wireless network. Does it matter? Also, whats the different between contact using Eternet and PPPoE? Also, How do you enter Mac address for other pcs or devices to the Airport Extreme?

4. freeme007 thread starter macrumors regular

Why am i getting a Double NAT error on Airport Extreme base station? I only have a DSL modem connected to the Airport Extreme.

5. Palleraa macrumors member

First. Make sure that your DSL-Modem is in fact just a DSL-modem and not a router. This could cause the double-nat problem. Furthermore I believe you should just use ethernet, and not PPPoE. But this really depends on your service provider. Do you by any chance have some infomation about this service provider?

In my case I simply have a ethernet-plug in my appartment. Through this I get a IP adresse supplied from DHCP. (only changes when I connect equipment to this port with a new MAC adress). I know that in denmark this is a rare case as most ISP's provide a router/modem that does both. In this case you will need to configure your router to pass through all data and not route anything by itself. This is also called Bridge Mode.

6. freeme007 thread starter macrumors regular

the problem is solved after i turn off the bridge mode in the airport extreme.

7. yfcui macrumors newbie

my extreme guest network wireless works, but base station wireless doesn't work. I set up the same wireless security (WPA/WPA2 Personal). For guest network wireless to get work, I had to set in airport security as WPA personal instead WPA/WPA2 personal to get guest network working. this doesn't help with base station wireless set up.

I also had problem with seeing time capsule on airport utility (with ethernet cable), then I had to reset time capsule to fix problem.