need help with the ladies

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dudeitseddy, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dudeitseddy macrumors member

never thought id get to the point where id ask on a random forum..but i basically suck at getting girls.idk what it is.everytime i talk to girl it just doesnt work out.either she says she doesnt want a relationship or this or that!or some other excuse. i dont know how to approach girls at all. and then im just plain weird. im 15. im mostly in to computers and art and like crazy political stuff and music lol. so where can i meet weirder girls that are interested in these things?cause i dont see them where i go...i feel kinda pathetic posting this but please help..

forgot to say...i go to catholic school so its full of narrow minded spoiled preppy girls so i cant get any there.thats why i wanna find better places to find other types

2. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

Be yourself, don't change.
    As long as you're true to yourself and your heart, you boat is ready to sail.
    Give girls compliments, open the door, smile back, say good morning, do the little things in life that count.

Don't stress man, I'm 16 and I have been where you are. I learned to just be myself and be happy.

Things will fall into place, promise.

3. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

dude, just be yourself!!! relax around the chicks and let it flow...the right girl will come around, just be patient.
    I am 15 years old as well, and am going out with a 18 year old girl, thank god she understands my Mac obsession....

and if your school is even moderately sized i am sure there are some girls who have the same intrusts.
    good luck, it will all work out...

Jake

4. dudeitseddy thread starter macrumors member

thx guys i understand what ur saying. but when im myself ppl think im really weird. so yea. and also where can i meet girls that would be into the type of things that i like including mac obsession. cause their definately not in my school

5. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

You'll find someone just as weird as you...promise :p

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I agree with other posters that say just be yourself. It sounds like you are always looking for something to happen and may be trying too hard. Join some clubs at school, a good youth group at your church, etc.

Good luck.

7. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

you're 15...you will look back in about 10 years and realize you should just be friends with them and learn how to socialize well with girls, itll do you well when you're ready for a real relationship and marriage

im 25 just got engaged, my fiance is 21, had i had a girlfriend at 15 i dont know how i woulda survived until i was old enough to get married get a house, and have a life, friendship is the best option at that age

8. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Don't worry about it, dude. Things will work out for you when you get older. You're 15 so you shouldn't worry that much.

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I bet things will change in university. The "variety" of people that you meet will grow if you join the right clubs. In high school, almost everybody is the same, or seems that way. There are probably lots of people who are exactly like you, and feel the way you do, and yet you'll never know who they are because they try to blend in.

Or be proactive and join a club now. Your love for Macs shouldn't be something a girl finds out until you two are dating. :p

10. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Yep, all my ex-gfs are in commited relationships and im happy for them, but people often wonder why im not.

If anything, give up. Its easy.

All I need:
    Finish College
    Good paying Job
    House
    Nissan 350z
    A sign that says "If I dont know you, leave me the **** alone"
    And my friends.

(No, im not going gay)

11. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

Everyone is saying "just relax and be yourself." :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm just speaking for myself, but when I was 15, I had no personality and I was terrified of girls. :eek:

12. xodonniedarko macrumors 6502

xodonniedarko

If you're weird and girls don't like you, stop being weird and girls will probably like you.

:]

Don't change yourself, but if you're annoying, then don't be annoying!
    And make sure your hair is in style. Because hair makes the difference ;)

Well this is the worst advice I've ever given!

And you just said you're weird (AKA, normal) and you go to a Catholic school with rich preppy girls. obviously you don't want THEM, so don't try to win them over.

Go to myspace.

13. iGav macrumors G3

I'm beginning to think we need a dedicated forum for these type of threads.

14. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

Its more about the fear, even if you are confident in all other areas. They can smell it right away. I don't really understand how I got any of my girlfriends growing up, but I found that most of them I would talk to without them being hot.

15. yeroen macrumors 6502a

yeroen

Women smell desperation the way dogs smell fear. It's a hard lesson learned.

To the OP, you'll score points with the high school girls by being cool and aloof. Do you play an instrument? You should try that angle. Even if you happen to be ugly, it won't matter; slinging an electric guitar over your shoulder works like magic pixie dust, particularly for those cool non-preppie girls you want to attract. Also, if you haven't done so already (and the advice applies to you), ixnay on the computer games.

16. 119576 Guest

Good advice. There are plenty of weird girls on myspace.

17. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

Apply for a job at the apple store? Seriously you are worrying way too early about getting into a relationship. I'm 18 and have had 3 relationships averaging about 3-4 months. It's nice at the time but it just comes to a bunch of frustration and disappointment in the end. When you're this age you just have to chill out and let it come to you. Patience is key, I think you just want a girl because a lot of other people your age are having similar feelings. Besides you are 15, probably the horniest you'll ever be. Take things easy, let the right girl find you, be happy with who you are and that's all you need in life.

18. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

And desperation.

You're young. You're just starting out. There's no gigantic hurry to meet your soulmate right now. Enjoy meeting new people and doing new things.

I think the suggestion to make more female friends is a very good one. You will get much more comfortable with them socially and they'll introduce you to their friends, as well.

Cultivate some non-computing interests that would be good for conversation. Music and art are pretty good starting points.

19. thunderclap macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

At 15 I don't think many of us were getting the ladies. We like computers which is inherently nerdy. High school girls don't like that. It's not popular. Don't sweat it though. You're 15 so go out and have fun... hang out with friends. Start thinking girls in college. They're smarter then.

20. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

No, this is...
    To the OP, don't get too worked up. You're only 15, you've got plenty of time ahead of you. You still are defining who you really are, just be true to yourself. Don't try to change just to please someone else, you'll end up becoming someone you don't want to be. Just be patient. Things will eventually fall into place.

21. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

Haha, I'm 16 and I can't control myself at times ;)

22. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

get your tongue muscles in peak physical condition and offer to demonstrate said muscles on girl of choice.

:D

23. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Fortunately you live in a state where you will be able to legally get your fix in two years.

24. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

relax and be yourself. and don't worry about it for now, you're young yet.

25. kuruption macrumors member

be confident, although there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance, tread it well.
    also going to the gym helps, i do it for self confidence but it has nice side effects.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.