MP 1,1-5,1 Need Help With the Northbridge sensor wire....PLEASE

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Flocarino, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Flocarino macrumors regular

Flocarino

Long story short: I was in the process of cleaning the processor board, CPU’s, reapply new paste, verify and clean the Northbridge heatsink and rivets, reapply new paste to the Northbridge CPU.....when the wire with the sensor under the Northbridge heatsink came off, it was so dry it just fell down.
    My Dilemma Now: How to “glue” it back in place?

I have strong glue for the wire but for the sensor itself, I have no idea, what should I use to keep it back in place?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Attached Files:

2. thornslack macrumors 6502

That is one clean looking logic board, nice job!

Not sure about the adhesive though. It looks like the same sensor as the thermal HDD sensors I have seen in other Apple products which are often taped down. Although I suspect thermals for NB are substantially higher than an HDD so I don’t know how the tape would hold up over time.

3. Flocarino thread starter macrumors regular

Flocarino

Thanks:).....well I just applied some MG Chemicals Super Glue (instant bond)....I let it dry a few minutes, then put everything back together and see if it holds/work....due to the heat created by the Northbridge CPU + Heatsink....I keep my fingers crossed:)
    --- Post Merged, Aug 11, 2019 ---
    I attached a pic of the Northbridge sensor glued to the heatsink as well as some pics of the logic board and CPU heatsinks. I clean everything very carefully always but this was the first time I removed the Northbridge heatsink.

Attached Files:

4. DPUser macrumors 6502a

DPUser