Need help with uninstalling Snappy manually

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by csmitty, Feb 23, 2010.

1. csmitty macrumors regular

So I updated it, then resprung and now its just on a cycle of reboots and i can't get to cydia. I can still get into the file system through SSH inbetween so need to know where its installed too since I don't have the time to go through each and every folder. Its not in var/stash/applications as far as I can tell. Any ideas?

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I would suggest uninstalling it using dpkg. Deleting folders manually is not a good idea. The command should be

Code:
    dpkg -r com.kb1ooo.snappy
    You will need to run the command as root.

3. csmitty thread starter macrumors regular

Ah ok thanks. Just figured that would get it uninstalled as well as i'm not very familiar with the unix command line options.

Pretty sure I can run that command in cyberduck correct? I haven't terminaled into the iphone before. Just cyberduck. which i guess is similar

4. csmitty thread starter macrumors regular

Well I figured the phone back up and it went into safe mode which was helpful so gonna see what happens.

That was kinda strange. I updated Snappy in Cydia, then I think I updated some app store apps and resprung and thats when it happened. Turned it off for a few hours then back on and it hits safe mode. Weird.