Need help with update options for late 2013 13 rMBP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by EddyBolt, Oct 23, 2013.

1. EddyBolt, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013

EddyBolt macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I wonder which upgrades options really worth with the new rMBP. So there are 3 upgrades for CPU

+ 2.4Ghz i5
    + 2.6Ghz i5 (add $90 more)
    + 2.8Ghz i7 (add $270 more)

I definitely go with the 16gb Ram so I just want to ask if it's worth the extra money in upgrading CPU? If so, which one should I get..

I mainly use it for basic schoolworks, streaming video to TV, league of legends and alot of HD movies.

Thanks in advanced!!!

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

3. EddyBolt thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh sorry, I think you've misunderstood my Questions. I want to ask if It worth to upgrade the CPU option>? and Thanks for reply

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

So IMHO never but RAM from Apple, it's to darn expensive. Go with third party RAM and install that RAM yourself and it will be much cheaper.

5. macs4nw macrumors 601

macs4nw

For what you're doing with it, I wouldn't bother with a CPU upgrade; in your case, not worth the $$. Since you can't upgrade the graphics on the 13" MBP, any extra money you wanted to spend would do you the most good in system memory or storage. I'd get at least the 8GB of memory, standard on the top 2 configs, and a $100 option on the entry level 13" MBP. After that, get the most storage (expensive) you can afford.

Sorry, but the RAM is soldered on, and not user replaceable.