Need help with using a 2g iphone with no data plan

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Falro, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Falro macrumors newbie

So my brother who is currently at college gave me an iphone 2g with no dataplan. I used the phone for about 2 weeks and then i updated the iphone on itunes. this made me lose everything and now my iphone is stuck in recovery mode. i red the stuff about how to fix it and it says i need to Update to original iPhone 3.1.3 firmware via iTunes. i got the firmware but i cant get it onto my iphone. I need help figuring out how to fix this problem so i can get my phone back. If someone could help me out and basically give me instructions as if i was a baby (i know nothing about computers or iphone hacks) i would really appreciate it. thanks

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Follow the following instruction to bring your phone back to life;

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-iphone-os-3.1.3-firmware-with-redsn0w-0.9.3-9140421/

3. Falro thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah thats what i read and it says you need to update it to 3.1.3 and i downloaded the link and i can update my iphone to it.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Latest firmware for 2G is 3.1.3. So, update it to latest firmware and then run Redsn0w, it jailbreak and unlock it at the same time. Once it's done, just put in your sim and enjoy.

5. Falro thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Why not? Put the phone into DFU mode and Itunes will allow you to restore it.

7. Jmouse macrumors 6502

that, make sure you have it in DFU mode.

Hold down power button for 3 sec , Hold down home button along with the power button for 10 sec. then let go off the power key.