Need help with USPS post

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TheSacredSoul, Nov 2, 2011.

1. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

This is probably not the right forum to post this but I couldn't find another appropriate subforum. I ordered the Trunket skins last week and they got shipped out on Saturday. And I've been tracking the package. It appears to be stuck at USPS Sort Facility JAMAICA, NY 11430 for 4 days. Its not moving. I can't call them since its a US number and their email system is messed up. Is this normal?

2. neko-hun-jyata macrumors newbie

Speaking from personal experience in having MANY items shipped via USPS, this is VERY normal. USPS "tracking" is nothing like UPS or FedEx tracking. It is updated when the staff get around to it. But that is why USPS is the cheapest shipping option too.

Don't know where you are located, but I wouldn't worry yet if the only thing is the tracking system not being updated.

BTW, I have lived in four different states and a foreign country and I have shipped/received items via USPS way too many items to count. I've never had a single item lost and sometimes it arrives faster than either private carrier's "ground" service. If that's any consolation...

3. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for that. It made me feel a little better inside. I am located in Singapore. So i guess I shouldn't be panicky just yet. USPS was the only shipping option available though. Hope it comes in one piece. And thanks for the reply again, appreciate it :)

4. MayBee macrumors 6502

yep, USPS is terrible with their tracking system.

the best gauge is find out the delivery estimate such as 3-7 days or 14-21 days...use that....if you use a 14-21 days service, don't bother tracking it until after 21 days...but be surprised that you might get it in 14 days :)

I have shipped an item that took 3 days First Class that didn't appear updated until the 5th day LOL :)

5. TheSacredSoul thread starter macrumors 6502a

Haha thanks. I've been checking it several times daily. Guess Ill just wait another week to check. Thank you!