Need Help With Vectors

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by davidjearly, Nov 16, 2007.

1. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Hi,

I'm trying to input a vector image (.eps) into a pages document. However, it shows up with a white background. Is there a way to make the background around my logo transparent?

Help!

David

2. jerryrock macrumors 6502

jerryrock

EPS files (encapsulated PostScript) can be either raster or vector based. Just because it has .eps at thee end don't assume it is a vector file.

EPS files do not support alpha channels or transparency. EPS files cannot be re-opened in Photoshop with vector content intact.

I am not familiar with Pages. Normally one would save a vector image with a mask (alpha channel) to import into a page layout program. You may be better off saving your vector image as a TIFF or PDF file, both support transparency and Alpha Channels.

3. davidjearly thread starter macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Thanks for that. It was very informative.

I have managed to create a .png of one of my images which supports transparency and imported it into Pages fine.

Have you any idea how I would remove the white background around my logo so that it becomes transparent?

Thanks,
    David

4. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

Try to save the vector EPS as a PDF file. Most OS X applications will honor the transparency / clear background. You can also open the EPS in Illustrator or similar vector editor and just select the object and copy. You should be able to paste it, as they will copy the vector art as a PDF.