Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

67bmer

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
When I hit the directions button from an app, like directions to Starbucks or a parking garage in DC app, I do not get the voice turn-by-turn directions.

also, sometimes if I do NOT select an alternate route directly in maps, same result. if I go back select an alternate route, then the primary route, the voice works.

if I copy the address into the maps app, pick a route, I do get the voice.

it is really frustrating when driving, not having the voice.

is this a bug, an option, a setting, am I doing something wrong?

Help. Thanks

----------

ok, I just checked the Starbucks app, and the voice does work, but it didn't the last time I tried this which was in the summer.

but directions from the DC parking garage app has no voice.

sflomenb

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2011
Once you go to "Directions", enter the addresses, and then press Route, then start, the turn-by-turn with voice directions start.

Also, you can only use turn-by-turn directions when starting from your Current Location. Maybe that's it.

67bmer

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
that is exactly what it is!!!! I tried several different examples...

unfortunately, the app puts in the address of the current location From:

Is there a way to fix it to make it From: current location?

The only way I see is to copy the to: address and paste it back in and then in the from: select current location. There does not seem to be a way to switch from current address to current location on the fly.

Thaks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.