Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tikitommy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Jailbroke my iphone 4 on 4.1 with Pwnage tool the other day. I have some previous experience with JB on my old 3G.

For some goofy reason, the phone/winterboard will not allow me to change the carrier icon. Makeitmine works. and the at&t 3G forced icon in cydia work. But any custom winterboard carrier will not work through winterboard. Not even in full themes like Fallout 3 which includes its own carrier app.

I've tried reinstalling winterboard, reinstalling the carriers, removing any other cydia apps, etc and its no go. I do not SSH anything. Just cydia/winterboard.

All i have installed are WB, backgrounded/activator, lockinfo, clockhide, sbsettings, and biteSMS.

Any help would be appreciated. Trying to avoid rejailbreaking and adding everything back from scratch.

Thanks!

himni

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2009
Are you using logos made specifically for the iPhone 4? Apple changed things in 4.x and old themes that are not updated for 4.x and for the iPhone 4 won't always work.

tikitommy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
I tried a carrier from cydia thats supposed to be for iphone 4 but still no luck. Guess i have to learn how to SSH it in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.