Need help with what I think is a complex problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ikermalli, Jan 8, 2009.

1. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

Hello,

I have a MacBook and an Xbox 360, I like to play my Xbox 360 but I like to take my mac out of my room like to the living room (xbox is in my room). I was wondering if there was a way to get my 360 to transmit the game audio and video to my macbook if I hooked in my controller and headset? It would be fine if there was no sound also. But I would also like to have xbox live if I did that, would that work in any way?

2. finnschi macrumors 6502

Audio, complicated But possible, video , forgett about it,even when you get a wireless solution, which is expensive... the picture sound would not be synced and so its useless

Audio.---->> maybe bluetooth streaming.. or FM tansmitter on Xbox and a Fm receiver on macbook!

Video... you'll need a wireless RCA system, to transmit analog signals and then a receiver + TV card for your mac (eyetv) ...

To be serious.. don't even Try :D

3. ikermalli thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. finnschi macrumors 6502

No problem, but you are right that would be awesome, if you don't mind having a cable running to your living room that would work pretty good, I don't know the Xbox taht well, but what video outputs does it have? , probably HDMI so you only need a HDMI-> Firewire box and then run a HDMI cable do that box, and conmnmect that box to your mac, its not going to work wirerlessly ! :D