Need help with widget

Nsomnia34

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2012
I'm using a widget and the background isn't coming up. I've tried everything I can think of. I've checked everything but widget and vice versa. I've downloaded a wallpaper, changed it to layer.png and inserted into the folder and nothing. I've even downloaded the widget a few times and did everything over and nothing. What am I doing wrong? This is frustrating me. PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks

Nsomnia34

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2012
It's the acrylic widget from augustborn99 and I don't know that's a possibility. I know in my other widgets they are labeled layer.png

Nsomnia34

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2012
I changed it and still nothing. Should I change it back to layer.png?

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
I changed it and still nothing. Should I change it back to layer.png?
Yeah change it back to layer.png. Try downloading the one i posted and installing that one because it works fine on my phone. Also, put the widget at the top of winterboard.

Nsomnia34

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2012
Ok I will change it back. I did download that file and it worked. That's what I was trying to use but different wallpaper. Earlier I had it at top, middle and the bottom and nothing worked. I didn't look to see if the wallpaper was a layer.png or background.png. Also can't figure out how to get rid of the wood as the dock. I've tried a lot of stuff today.

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Ok I will change it back. I did download that file and it worked. That's what I was trying to use but different wallpaper. Earlier I had it at top, middle and the bottom and nothing worked. I didn't look to see if the wallpaper was a layer.png or background.png. Also can't figure out how to get rid of the wood as the dock. I've tried a lot of stuff today.
The file name for the wood dock is SBDockBG@2x.png and in the theme its in bundles/com.apple.springboard. Just delete it and it will go back to the stock dock.

Nsomnia34

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2012
Ok I will try that. Of the theme you sent can I change the wallpaper?

Nsomnia34

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2012
I don't know, my kids needed me. As soon as I get done I will let you know.

Nsomnia34

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2012
Yes it worked..Thanks again for helping. Now if I could only get rid of the statusbar. I cant find a tweak that works.

Nsomnia34

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2012
I got rid of the battery, ATT and clock. I got numerical bar signal and 3g wifi tweak. Just need to make the bar clear. I cant find one that works.

Nsomnia34

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2012
That didn't work and u tried to see if it would work in the file you sent last night but it said the file already exists.