need help with windows 7 on new macbook pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thatg, Oct 15, 2009.

1. thatg macrumors member

i just got my new macbook pro 15" made a partition and got windows 7 on here but no sound or full aero theme going and buttons arent working properly yet along with the isight and trackpad, which i heard you can get working with drivers as well. can someone point me in the right direction. thanks for any help

2. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

Did you install the drivers using your MBP's OS X Install Disk 1?

3. thatg thread starter macrumors member

doing that right now found bootcamp on the cd, let you know how that goes, thanks

4. thatg thread starter macrumors member

ok sounds and buttons seem to be working after the install from the disc, im wondering can i get the trackpad to do tap to click in windows 7 also some aero effects arent working, like being able to see the windows when i run the mouse over them in the menu bar. also this is a 64bit version

5. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

I think Tap to Click is an epic fail on Apple's part. It didn't work for a very long time, and I have a feeling it still doesn't. :mad:

You CAN right click though- The right click can be performed by placing 2 fingers on the trackpad and clicking the trackpad button.

6. thatg thread starter macrumors member

i figured out the tap to click you need to go to the boot camp control panel and select tap to click in the trackpad, i went to the invidia website and tried dling drivers for 64bit windows 7 but it gives me an error saying "no drivers could be found that are compatible with my hardware".

7. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

Oh nice! I'll have to go give that a shot, glad you got the t-t-c working.

8. thatg thread starter macrumors member

sure. is there a thread devoted to drivers for this, the things i need to get going are the isight camera, using a monitor to display the laptop image and 3d aero settings

9. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Is the Aero interface doing it at all? Or do you have a grey bar on the bottom (instead of "see-through"). Cause I needed to do the hardware test from microsoft first. You know, the test which gives your pc a number on how well it performs. I had to do that first before I could get Aero working.

I find those system settings a maze, so don't ask me where you can find it.:D

10. thatg thread starter macrumors member

ok i figured out the issue, you need to install the setup from the bootcamp off the osx cd. that will get the sound, keyboard working, then youve got to restart and go into drivers then ati then you will see a 64bit folder and run the setup file there. now aero is working, and it recognized my external monitor and thats what im one now :)