Need Help With Windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Teedlepeep, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Teedlepeep macrumors newbie

I have a new MacBook pro that I have installed Windows Vista on through boot camp (had to have office with Access ... so no choice)

It has been working fine, however today when I rebooted my laptop, pressed option to get the choice of windows or mac when I click on the windows side it the computer freezes. I let it sit here for over an hour like that once and it won't come out of it. I have tried several more times and the result is always the same.

Would anyone be able to give me some help in resolving this ?

thanks

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Does the OSX portion work?

Contact your office's IT department?

3. Teedlepeep thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, all the software is current ...

This is personal, no IT dept here but me :)

4. gollum macrumors regular

Since you're only using it for Office have you thought about just doing it through Fusion?
    It's the only reason I installed Windows was to run Office 2007, works fine on both XP and Vista SP1. Just make sure you have 4 gb's of RAM for running both Leopard and Vista.

5. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

Download the demo of VMware Fusion and use that to open your boot camp partition as a virtual machine. This could allow you to fix whatever is wrong with it. Or as gollum pointed out this may be a good solution for you longer term - you will have to pay for a VMware license though.