Need help with wmv/iPod conversion

Baxterdown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Hi everyone,

I purchased QTPro to convert my wmv and mpe movies to iPod format so I can load them onto my iPhone. But, I am not being able to open the wmv movies in QuickTime...

Is QTPro not the right software for this type of conversion? If it's not, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Jose

Baxterdown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
It worked like a charm!!! THANKS!!!!

Jose

P.S. Do u know if QTPro can actually do the conversion? If not, I'm calling Apple to get my money back!

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
It worked like a charm!!! THANKS!!!!

Jose

P.S. Do u know if QTPro can actually do the conversion? If not, I'm calling Apple to get my money back!
Glad I could help :). QuickTime Pro might be able to do the conversion if you had something like Perian installed (Mac only), although I'm not sure. I just bought VisualHub to do all my conversions.

skimaxpower

Jan 13, 2006
QTpro can convert MPEG to MOV, but it sometimes has problems finding the audio track in muxed MPEG1 files. I'm not sure about converting WMV to MOV in QTpro for WinXP.

If you are converting WMV to MOV on a mac, your cheapest option is FFMPEG, and your highest quality option is to combine the Flip4Mac plugin with QTpro.

No matter what, hold on to QTpro it comes in handy soooo much. And it's cheap.