Need help with wmv/iPod conversion

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Baxterdown, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Baxterdown macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I purchased QTPro to convert my wmv and mpe movies to iPod format so I can load them onto my iPhone. But, I am not being able to open the wmv movies in QuickTime...

Is QTPro not the right software for this type of conversion? If it's not, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Jose

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

3. Baxterdown thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick reply. I can't use iSquint... I'm on Windows. Any suggestions for Win?

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Ah, that's too bad. Well you could try this program, although I don't have a windows computer, so I haven't tried it.

5. Baxterdown thread starter macrumors newbie

It worked like a charm!!! THANKS!!!!

Jose

P.S. Do u know if QTPro can actually do the conversion? If not, I'm calling Apple to get my money back!

6. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Glad I could help :). QuickTime Pro might be able to do the conversion if you had something like Perian installed (Mac only), although I'm not sure. I just bought VisualHub to do all my conversions.

7. skimaxpower Guest

QTpro can convert MPEG to MOV, but it sometimes has problems finding the audio track in muxed MPEG1 files. I'm not sure about converting WMV to MOV in QTpro for WinXP.

If you are converting WMV to MOV on a mac, your cheapest option is FFMPEG, and your highest quality option is to combine the Flip4Mac plugin with QTpro.

No matter what, hold on to QTpro it comes in handy soooo much. And it's cheap.