Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Hey guys,

I have been playing WoW, and for alot of quests, it would be useful to have corrdinates. I downloaded the Koordinator off of curse.com, put the folder on my desktop, and now what? How do I actually get it into the game like it is supposed to be?

Thanks

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
Drag the whole folder into Apps > WoW > Interface > Add-ons. Then when you log in, when you get to your character screen click on the Add-on button and it should be there.

If you've never used add-ons before, it may be confusing when you get to your UI and you don't see anything. In which case I'd go back to curse-gaming and take a look at the instructions on how to configure it.

Personally I'd ditch Koordinator and use Titan instead. It gives you coordinates, money, and XP tracker, bag slot monitor, etc, all on your main window. Essential I think - search for Titan on curse-gaming (it's called TitanPanel or something similar).

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Alright, I'll try what you said, and I will also try and find Titan. A link would be helpful.

EDIT:

I put the TitanPanel folder into my WoW folder>Interface>Addons on my desktop. I logged onto the game, but where is the addon button?

Also, my WoW folder is not in applications, if that effects anything.

dan-o-mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Alright, I'll try what you said, and I will also try and find Titan. A link would be helpful.

EDIT:

I put the TitanPanel folder into my WoW folder>Interface>Addons on my desktop. I logged onto the game, but where is the addon button?

The addon button is on the bottom left corner of the character selection screen.

WarMace

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2007
Not sure, but the addon button might not show up until you put some addons in the interface folder.

Doesn't sound like Titanpanel is installed properly. With TP you don't drag the TP folder but the contents of the folder into the addons dir. You should have several folders starting with Titan when you are done.

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Alright, I'll download Titan again, and this time not just drag the whole folder into addons... I'll post if I need further help.

AppleWoW

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2007
SLC, Utah

EDIT:

Ok dude you need to take all the addons OUT of the titans folder then put the seperate addons into the addon folder listed there. That should help please let me know if you need anything else.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
If you've done it right, then your AddOns folder should look something like this when you're finished (although obviously I have more addons than you):

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    171.2 KB · Views: 225

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
If you've done it right, then your AddOns folder should look something like this when you're finished (although obviously I have more addons than you):

Thats it? Just 43?

Geez any serious WoW player has at least 100 of em

HAHAHAHA j/k :p

Azmodon

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2005
Hampton Roads, Virginia
What coords are you even looking for? There are a multitude of map coord mods that are very simple and don't require Titan. However, if you're looking for, say, the location of a quest objective or something, then you should really use databases like thottbot, allakhazam, and wowhead.

I only used 20 or so addons, but less than that for each specific character due to class-specific mods like Necrosis and zHunter. The only ones I shot for were CT stuff and other minor things.​

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.