Need Help with WoW addon

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by gamerz, Oct 1, 2007.

1. gamerz macrumors 6502

gamerz

Hey guys,

I have been playing WoW, and for alot of quests, it would be useful to have corrdinates. I downloaded the Koordinator off of curse.com, put the folder on my desktop, and now what? How do I actually get it into the game like it is supposed to be?

Thanks

2. zen macrumors 68000

zen

Drag the whole folder into Apps > WoW > Interface > Add-ons. Then when you log in, when you get to your character screen click on the Add-on button and it should be there.

If you've never used add-ons before, it may be confusing when you get to your UI and you don't see anything. In which case I'd go back to curse-gaming and take a look at the instructions on how to configure it.

Personally I'd ditch Koordinator and use Titan instead. It gives you coordinates, money, and XP tracker, bag slot monitor, etc, all on your main window. Essential I think - search for Titan on curse-gaming (it's called TitanPanel or something similar).

3. gamerz thread starter macrumors 6502

gamerz

Alright, I'll try what you said, and I will also try and find Titan. A link would be helpful.

EDIT:

I put the TitanPanel folder into my WoW folder>Interface>Addons on my desktop. I logged onto the game, but where is the addon button?

Also, my WoW folder is not in applications, if that effects anything.

4. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

The addon button is on the bottom left corner of the character selection screen.

5. gamerz thread starter macrumors 6502

gamerz

6. WarMace macrumors member

Not sure, but the addon button might not show up until you put some addons in the interface folder.

Doesn't sound like Titanpanel is installed properly. With TP you don't drag the TP folder but the contents of the folder into the addons dir. You should have several folders starting with Titan when you are done.

7. gamerz thread starter macrumors 6502

gamerz

Alright, I'll download Titan again, and this time not just drag the whole folder into addons... I'll post if I need further help.

8. AppleWoW macrumors regular

AppleWoW

Ok dude you need to take all the addons OUT of the titans folder then put the seperate addons into the addon folder listed there. That should help please let me know if you need anything else.

9. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

If you've done it right, then your AddOns folder should look something like this when you're finished (although obviously I have more addons than you):

Attached Files:

10. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Thats it? Just 43?

Geez any serious WoW player has at least 100 of em

HAHAHAHA j/k :p

11. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Who said I was serious? I only have 13 epics :(

12. Azmodon macrumors member

What coords are you even looking for? There are a multitude of map coord mods that are very simple and don't require Titan. However, if you're looking for, say, the location of a quest objective or something, then you should really use databases like thottbot, allakhazam, and wowhead.

I only used 20 or so addons, but less than that for each specific character due to class-specific mods like Necrosis and zHunter. The only ones I shot for were CT stuff and other minor things.​