Need Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thebrownbunny, Jan 10, 2011.

1. thebrownbunny macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I have two question

1- Is there a way to delete whatever i want on my iphone without connecting computer?
    2-what is the exect battery timing for iphone 4g?

Thanx 4 sure.

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Why don't you want to connect it with your computer? The iphone isn't designed to function without computer connectivity. Are you planning a long vacation?
    To answer your question, you can't delete songs from the ipod.

3. thebrownbunny thread starter macrumors newbie

actually i was nokia user and moved to iphone now. On Nokia Symbian technology, my phone works like laptop.I was able to do whatever i want to do. it was a perfect gadget. But now i am trying to learn this iphone 4g and little bit embarrassed because it makes me feel restricted and controlled like a baby.

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Apple designed their iproducts to need contact with itunes. This is something you could've discovered before purchasing the iphone. While there are some ways to get around it, what you're asking for requires a different phone.
    If you're not happy with the restrictions that Apple has imposed, you're better off returning your phone and getting something that makes you happier. I suggest you do a more thorough job of researching your next phone. :rolleyes:

5. thebrownbunny thread starter macrumors newbie

you are quite right. people make mistakes and learn from them.Before Iphone, i thought sky is the limit now i feel limit is in my pocket. Here is the problem i must use this phone for next 6 months so its better if you could help me to know how to transfer my contacts from Nokia to Iphone. Its a very simple task to transfer phonebook from one phone to another but here in Denmark my carrier (Telenor) said they cant help me i have to do it by manual. manual? Am i still living in Jungle?

6. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

You can either do it by SIM Card, or if the Nokia phone allows you to transfer your contacts from the Nokia to your PC, you can then sync your PC contacts wth your iPhone.

7. draz macrumors 6502a

Depending on your model Nokia you might have an option to export your contacts to your sim card. But it would only be very basic information such as the name and phone number, it would not contain their home address and other things.

You can then import these contacts right on the iPhone through its menus without connecting it to a computer.

However if your phone does not support contact exporting to a sim card then you might have to look at other options such as Nokia computer software which you should be able to export your contacts to your computer own address book through Outlook or whatever service the Nokia software supports (sorry I haven't used their software in months).
    But once you get the contacts transferred onto your computer iTunes can probably grab that data and transfer it to your iPhone.

8. thebrownbunny thread starter macrumors newbie

I appreciate your help