Need HELP!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iappeal2, Feb 10, 2011.

1. iappeal2 macrumors newbie

downloaded emoticons, turned on emoji, have the little world, can see emoticons by the gobs and use but do the emoticons ONLY work iphone to iphone? sending to people with the droid and they only get squares and circles, no smilies or any other of the little cute things... what's my problem or doesn't it work for other smart phones?

spent hours trying to make work, can anybody help me please?

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Correct, it's because of the font. You can use TextPics; some, but not all of those will work to other phones.

3. iappeal2 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you so much.... guess I'll get a droid, they come with built in emoticons and I do like to use them. Everyone I text with has the droid so even tho I bought 2 programs of emoticons (a whole 2 bucks) and set up properly NO WHERE did anybody say it would only work iphone to iphone... no where.... bummer, hey?

Also, I noted on this forum that somebody told somebody else to reboot the iphone. in my surfing and searching why I couldn't get the "globe" to show up, nobody said to reboot... I'm not thinking "computer", I'm thinking "phone" so didn't even think to turn off and on.... wish they'd said that a lot earlier in 5 different places where I found directions. I'm kinda bummed tonite, as you can see. Sorry for that... but thank you kindly for your help, really appreciate it. Karen