Need Help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Birdman23, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Birdman23 macrumors newbie

Hello Mac People:

So I just got my 13in MacBook Pro in February this year. I am a full time student and bring it to school with me everyday. I have an in case hardcase on the outside and I have a softcase to put it in. The other day I had a couple of books in my bag and then put it down on the ground and somehow my dvd drive got bent a little bit and now I can't play dvd's. I was wondering if you think I would be able to get a replacement case for it due to the 1 year warranty. I heard that the dvd drive is the weakest point in the uni-body but I was surprised that it bent. Do you think that if I cal apple care and then go into the store I would be able to get them to replace the uni-body under warranty?

Thanks for the replies!!

2. snaky69, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011

snaky69 macrumors 603

That would qualify as user abuse. If you want a new top case, you'll have to shell out for it. A warranty never covers physical damage, only manufacturer defects.

Start saving up, buddy.

3. Birdman23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you think that there are success stories of people who got outer body damaged covered under the basic warranty though? I see on the forums people who have cracks and get them replaced all the time.

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

The cracking white MBs was a manufacturing defect and therefore, Apple's responsibility. Unfortunately, your issue is not the manufacturer's fault.

5. eljanitor macrumors 6502

eljanitor

Unfortunately as you've been told so far, no. It falls under abuse like knocking it off the table etc..... So its gonna cost you around $200.00 or more for a new drive.