Need help.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Grenadian, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Grenadian macrumors newbie

My Macbook is a 2007 model, and I am having problems with something I'm not completely sure about. When I start my Macbook I get a screen that is off color and dull with working sound, then the screen goes completely black. My LED light works, and the Caps Lock button also lights up, so I have power and sound but no video. I have a brand new inverter card so I know that's not the problem. Anything you guys could suggest to check?

Thank you,

Ronnie

2. Sonhascome macrumors 6502

My guess would be it sounds like your video card is bad, but I'm sure someone else on here would know better than I

3. ezramoore, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011

ezramoore macrumors 6502a

It does sound like you may have a bad 8600. There is a quality program for that issue. I recommend you take it to an AASP or Apple Store and have someone run the associated tests.

Bad advice, forgot which forum I was in and didn't read the post closely enough.

4. simsaladimbamba

The MacBook only had integrated graphics processors (IGP), thus the GMA 950 was likely in the 2007 MacBook.
    The Nvidia 8600M GT was a dedicated GPU only found in Aluminium MacBook Pros.

@ Original Poster (OP)
    To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.