Need Help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by atltown, Dec 22, 2011.

1. atltown macrumors newbie

So, last night my roommate decided to jail break my iphone while I went out...This morning I turned it off and turned it back on and it would just recycle on the lock screen over and over again...That's when my roommate told me he jailbroke it and if you turn it off it will not work unless you restore it...So, I went to itunes and twice now it has stopped because of a network malfunction. My wifi is fine so no clue what it is and wondering how I can get my iphone to work normal again.

Thanks for any help/tips

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

There are several gernation of Iphones since launch day. Before we can give you guidance on how to fix yours. We need more information.

Which Iphone do you have.
    Firmware on it.
    Baseband or modem firmware on it.

3. atltown thread starter macrumors newbie

its the iphone 3gs...and I have no clue on the firmware or Baseband

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

download redsn0w 0.9.9b8 and try to tethered boot to to see if you can bring it back up.

If not, then you will have to restore it. Are you depending on unlock at all?

5. atltown, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011

atltown thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, i have enough time to get into the phone and then it just reboots.

I don't really wanna jail break it again so I am just going to restore it....Is the itunes restore update crashing normal/common? Like do I just have to keep running it until it doesn't crash?

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Itunes does not crash. If it does, then something is not normal.

7. atltown thread starter macrumors newbie

Crash was the wrong word, I meant, when I try to restore it, the download stops and says the network has malfunctioned or something...could that be a problem with the USB or what?

8. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

You can go to Iclarified.com to download a 3GS 5.0.1 firmware to your computer. Then put your phone into DFU mode, shift + restore (if you have PC) or Option + restore (if you have mac), then point it to 5.0.1 firmware (you downloaded), Itunes will restore it for you.